Septemebr 17th and 18th – Dr. Panjali PRF
Medco PRF (Aesthetics)
Al Panjali DDS, MS, DICOI
Dr Panjali is a graduate from New York University. He attended Oral Surgery residency in Frankfurt, Germany 1991 and continued his implant Dentistry education at NYU 2003. Thereafter, he completed his masters degree in Oral Implantology from Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany in 2016.
Dr Panjali is a Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry and a Diplomat of International Congress of Oral Implantologist. He is the Director of New York Implant Institute since 2008 and runs a comprehensive program in Implant Dentistry as well as clinical research program. He has published several articles including a 2 year study on placing implants successfully in infected sites. He has also developed the “No Drill Osteotomy Technique” and invented “ALSAC” Sinus elevation technique
Dr Panjali has been lecturing nationally and internationally on dental implants since 1996. He teaches over 30 plus hands on classes within United States each year in addition to five live patient surgery mini residency program.
He owns and operates a full time active practice in Watertown and Syracuse, NY with emphasis on implant dentistry.
There are several pre, peri and post-op conditions that result in significant loss of tissue supporting implants. There are many pathological conditions as well that may result in premature bone loss, tissue dehiscence and altering term results. The main objective of this course is to be able to recognize these conditions and be able to diagnose and treatment plan such cases. These conditions often require rebuilding the lost tissue and re-establishing good function, form, and esthetics with long term stability of the restored arches.
This course will establish a good understanding of how to manage such conditions with the use of biologic materials for eg. bone grafts, membranes, and growth factors. The hands-on session will teach the most predictable techniques to resolve bony defects.
The objective of this course is to understand how the growth factors are produced and activated to improve biocompatibility in procedures like GBR (Guided Bone Regeneration) and soft tissue management.
There is scientific evidence to demonstrate that the growth factors are released by platelets and white cells. We have had the PRF since 2000 and, we now have low-speed centrifugation: Advanced PRF (A-PRF) and Injectable PRF (i-PRF) which are being routinely used for Implants, GBR and GTR procedures.
Advanced Platelet Rich Fibrin, combines the fibrin network, the growth factors from the platelets and an increased amount of white cells for better vascularization. And the i-PRF proposes platelets, white cells, fibrinogen in liquid form but with a high number of mesenchymal stem cells. This concept has revolutionized routine tissue grafting and healing as we know.
*Limited enrollment ensures one on one interaction between the instructor and participants.
- Rationale and biologic basis of growth factors
- Biology of tissue healing
- Low-speed centrifugation to achieve more cytokines and growth factors
- Role of PRF in regenerating bone and soft tissue
- Injectable PRF (I-PRF)
- Clinical indications for PRF, iPRF, i-PRF M, A- PRF, A- PRF liquid
- Source of biologic factors and enhancers in GBR /augmentation
- Advanced GBR techniques for lateral and vertical tissue gain
- Clinical protocols for growth factor
- Hands-on Phlebotomy
- Classification of defects
- Biologic principles of Guided Bone Regeneration
- Overview of biomaterials utilized in GBR
- Socket Grafting
- Membranes – why, when, where, and how to use them?
- Role of soft tissue in bone regeneration
- Ridge augmentation using different biomaterials
- Role of growth factors including BMP, PRF, L-PRF, and A-PRF
- GBR techniques in clinical practice: case discussion
- Hands-on GBR with implant placement on models and pig jaws
- GBR with PRF will include, a detailed hands-on protocol for tenting, venipuncture, PRF and i-PRF. Fabrication of steaky bone using PRF and i-PRF. Manipulation and usage of steaky bone for socket grafting and other grafting procedures
- Extraction and immediate placement of dental implants
- Manipulation of surgical flaps; obtaining of tension-free closure
- Elongating flaps for primary closure
- Ridge expansion and splits using piezosurgery and discs
- Harvesting blocks and cylinders
- Tacking membranes using screws for ridge augmentation and 3-step suturing techniques
- Bone Blocks and Flap Management will include incisions and flap designs on the pig jaw.